Thursday 10 July 2014

Freely available books (Not just woodworking) on the internet

I was tasked by my wife Elly recently to find a copy of Ernest Hemingway's "Farewall to Arms". I saw the Kindle edition on Amazon for a few £s. I then thought as this is a classic it may be free somewhere else.

It is :)

I found the scanned 1929 version on archive.org it was freely available to download on PDF, kindle and many other formats.
Looking around on the site I searched for "woodwork" or "woodworking" and there is a mountain of books in there, both old and new, that are freely available for everyone to download and read. I'm currently reading "Elementary Woodworking" by Edwin Foster a 1903 tome. Everything in there is just as relevant in 2014 as it was in 1903.

Here is a link to the book

Have a look at the archive as it is superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment