Tuesday 24 December 2013

Jewellery Box - Part 5 completed so Santa can put it into his sleigh

The Jewellery Box is completed. I finished it today 24th Dec 2013 at 1600 local time here in the UK so now Santa can pick it up and put it into his sleigh for delivery to my wife.

The completed case in its closed state

Here is shown the stop bar that prevents
the hidden drawer from being removed.
The lid was fitted with a nice mirror
All the knobs are from Brusso

The drawers are all lined with self-adhesive felt.
Here you can see the drawer dividers making
up small compartments

The hidden drawer is opened

The case is fully opened.

  • It is made primarily from American Black Walnut with French Oak as a secondary wood.
  • All the hardware is Brusso with the exception of the angle brackets. I made them from the brass in an old fire surround that I was throwing out. 
  • The finish is General Finishes Enduro-Var over shellac.
 This has been a fun project and I hope my wife Elly likes it.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all our readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment